Tuesday, 02 September 2014
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FILIPINO CHRISTIANS CHAT

Re: FILIPINO CHRISTIANS CHAT 5 years 9 months ago #9405


   Sir Yllorco. I'm starting to smell her.
 


And here's to her.




Keep the Faith my lady!  BBEELLYY

Just Keep on smelling Steve...I have big nose...hehehe 000-000
  • yllorco
  • yllorco's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • Live every day as if it were your last.
  • Posts: 422
  • Karma: 10
"My dear friends, let us love one another, since love is from God and everyone who loves is a child of God and knows God." (NJB 1 John 4:7).
"Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love." (NRS 1 John 4:8)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: FILIPINO CHRISTIANS CHAT 5 years 9 months ago #9406

I am not intolerant of your belief. I respect what you believe in. Just don't expect me to believe what you believe in.

Uh-oh!  Careful.  Nobody is telling you to believe what I believe, because you don't know exactly what I believe, nor you know which belief of mine you respect.  You just seem to express your intolerance in the form of repeated "dislikes."  You seem to contradict that you are "not intolerant" yet you repeatedly express it, thereby invalidating your statement.

What got your goat here?  That I should dare say to you not to push your religion on me? Because if you did, wouldn’t that be a form of aggression towards me?  I am not expressing my intolerance in the form of repeated dislikes. I am just marking the boundaries which you should not cross. If you operate within the confines of these boundaries – walang problema. Once it is crossed, mayroong problema.


Ha ha!!! So now Atheism is a Religion!!!  This is new to me…..
Do Atheists have a religion? or is that your opinion?
O, come on!  You ought to drink more of what "religion" means.  I was inviting you to a broader sense of religion, not in the conventional way, but in the sense of a "belief system", which you should have explained more.  In a sense, zealously or conscientiously not believing in any god is already a religion, that is, agnosticism or atheism.  And anyone who goes into that belief system or doctrine should be respected.  It's an alternate belief.




Excuse me sir. Those who think I need salvation are trespassing into my private space. If they persist in trying to convert me, I would seriously take that as a form of aggression.  Aggression starts when someone initiates an unsolicited advance or act on another person.  Inatake mo na – Umangal yung Inatake. Yung inatake pa ang intolerant?  Where’s the logic in that?
What's in conversion that I (personally) dislike? It is the implied belief that Atheists HAVE to be saved, that Atheists need saving. I look at it as a form of agression towards other people and it does not necessarily lead to a more harmoneous world.
There you go...As much as your belief or the atheist's is to be respected, those who believe that you need salvation need to be respected, too.  Or else, they will think that your criticism of their belief is a form of aggression, as well, which, in their world, is discordant and inharmonious, especially if you are in a minority group, such as atheists in the USA.


What I believe or don’t believe in, what my religion if I have one is not important.

You say that I don’t think I appreciate the good things religion has brought to people. You make an assumption. I have respect for religion. In fact, I have such a wide tolerance for all religions that I am willing to mix and match – Cherry Pick if you like – picking up good lessons from ALL religions and not just one. Are you willing to do that? If you did – wouldn’t that make you a more tolerant person? Or in your belief – wouldn’t that be an unforgivable SIN?

I cannot believe that you cannot see how religion causes conflict. Conflicts arising from Religion differences have been happening for millennia.  When I grew up, we were forbidden from going to the house of a neighbor who was Protestant. We went anyway because we wanted to watch TV. If you go to the Middle East, you will find that Muslims and Jews hate each other. Jews would not dream of going to Indonesia for a vacation.



[/quote]
Without disrespect, I don't share with your contingent observation, and mine should be respected for this, because my family lives harmoniously though we don't share the same religion.  You probably need LOVE, dude!  BB1 is just waiting.  It's not a prescription, if you don't like it.  It makes the world go round.  It's more than religion, don't you think so?

I'm sorry for your sentiments.  You seem to be anti-religion, or side with the atheists, though you were raised a Catholic, but you don't expressly assert you are either.  It seems to my understanding that you used to be a Catholic, but now you are an atheist.  Which side are you really on?

You don't seem to count on the good things religion has to offer to anybody, simply because you seem to refuse to see them.  I should be again respected of my idea that your view appears pessimistic, one side of coin, a part of the whole, not very much narrow, but just probably missing some minor parts of the whole picture of a biblical religion.

I wonder how big your picture is that you want me to see...  Show me some solid evidence that religion causes more than 50% of the world's problem, that more than 50% it is the cause of much pain and suffering, and that more than 50% of Muslims and Christians are killing each other.  Show... me... your... big... picture!!!
  • Ms Demi Noor
  • Ms Demi Noor's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • Ms Demi Noor is related to Granny Felon
  • Posts: 1102
  • Thank you received 2
  • Karma: 38
If you record silence on a tape and then play it back with the volume all the way up, will that drown out the noise in the room?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: FILIPINO CHRISTIANS CHAT 5 years 9 months ago #9407

If people that are reading my posts are tolerant people, then why is it that I keep getting Negative Karma? 

Bwahahaha....  Kayo talaga ... bwahahaha.... 

Tolerant daw... Bwahahaha...
  • Ms Demi Noor
  • Ms Demi Noor's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • Ms Demi Noor is related to Granny Felon
  • Posts: 1102
  • Thank you received 2
  • Karma: 38
If you record silence on a tape and then play it back with the volume all the way up, will that drown out the noise in the room?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: FILIPINO CHRISTIANS CHAT 5 years 9 months ago #9408

Regardless of position, MDN, just show your evidence, and not your assumptions, misreadings and fallacious generalization, and the readers will give you +karma, if that's what you are after for.
  • yllorco
  • yllorco's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • Live every day as if it were your last.
  • Posts: 422
  • Karma: 10
"My dear friends, let us love one another, since love is from God and everyone who loves is a child of God and knows God." (NJB 1 John 4:7).
"Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love." (NRS 1 John 4:8)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: FILIPINO CHRISTIANS CHAT 5 years 9 months ago #9409

You just called me a liar.

You did not answer my other post.

People can disagree with my opinion. They are even free to give me as many negative Karma if it makes them feel better. So be it...  CHEERRR


Regardless of position, MDN, just show your evidence, and not your assumptions, misreadings and fallacious generalization, and the readers will give you +karma, if that's what you are after for.
  • Ms Demi Noor
  • Ms Demi Noor's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • Ms Demi Noor is related to Granny Felon
  • Posts: 1102
  • Thank you received 2
  • Karma: 38
If you record silence on a tape and then play it back with the volume all the way up, will that drown out the noise in the room?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: FILIPINO CHRISTIANS CHAT 5 years 9 months ago #9410

Go on, guys, I am following...

Soon you will hear a side of a sinner...And that will be a triangular approach to keep this thread lovely and lively...

Gooooo onnnnnn!
  • BLUBINGINONE
  • BLUBINGINONE's Avatar
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: FILIPINO CHRISTIANS CHAT 5 years 9 months ago #9411

Why don't you help your friend to come up with a decent reply to my post (91)?    Rah rah rah - Sis Booom Bah...!!!  CHEERRR CHEERRR CHEERRR
Go on, guys, I am following...

Soon you will hear a side of a sinner...And that will be a triangular approach to keep this thread lovely and lively...

Gooooo onnnnnn!
  • Ms Demi Noor
  • Ms Demi Noor's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • Ms Demi Noor is related to Granny Felon
  • Posts: 1102
  • Thank you received 2
  • Karma: 38
If you record silence on a tape and then play it back with the volume all the way up, will that drown out the noise in the room?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: FILIPINO CHRISTIANS CHAT 5 years 9 months ago #9412

I chose to be silent for a day, because it's not worth-replying.

A street-type of argument without solid evidence is not worth-replying.  Isn't it?  Is this worth replying when:

1. the person doesn't respect the rights of others, but only claims too much of his rights?
Yllorco wrote:
There you go...As much as your belief or the atheist's is to be respected, those who believe that you need salvation need to be respected, too.  Or else, they will think that your criticism of their belief is a form of aggression, as well, which, in their world, is discordant and inharmonious, especially if you are in a minority group, such as atheists in the USA.
MDN wrote:
Excuse me sir. Those who think I need salvation are trespassing into my private space. If they persist in trying to convert me, I would seriously take that as a form of aggression.  Aggression starts when someone initiates an unsolicited advance or act on another person.  Inatake mo na – Umangal yung Inatake. Yung inatake pa ang intolerant?  Where’s the logic in that?

2. he sees only a fraction of the whole picture?
MDN :
Don't you find it ridiculous to hear about Orthdox monks brawling in Jerusalem? Don't you find it sad that Muslims and Christian are killing each other? Don't you find it sad that the Muslims and Jews will never find peace?

Don't you find it sad that religion has cause so much pain and suffering?  Let us not gloss over the nice things that religion brings to a person's life. Look at the bigger picture...

Yllorco challenges MDN's bigger picture:
I wonder how big your picture is that you want me to see...  Show me some solid evidence that religion causes more than 50% of the world's problem, that more than 50% it is the cause of much pain and suffering, and that more than 50% of Muslims and Christians are killing each other.  Show... me... your... big... picture!!!

Still MDN insists to show his narrow-minded view and fallacious generalization:
I cannot believe that you cannot see how religion causes conflict. Conflicts arising from Religion differences have been happening for millennia.  When I grew up, we were forbidden from going to the house of a neighbor who was Protestant. We went anyway because we wanted to watch TV. If you go to the Middle East, you will find that Muslims and Jews hate each other. Jews would not dream of going to Indonesia for a vacation.

Of course, I can see some instances... It's needless for MDN to claim that I can't.  MDN ought to learn how to generalize.

MDN seems to refuse to understand "more than 50%", not even close to 95% enough to generalize with 5% margin of error.  He simply cannot support his claims, but generalize out of contingent evidence, which makes a fallacy when forced to generalize.

3. the person doesn't know the practice of not lying, but only knows the spelling of "lying" and clearly exercises it?
MDN wrote:
What I dislike the most is Intolerance of other people's belief.

What I dislike the most is when some people try to convert people into another religion.

What I dislkie the most is when some people think that I need to be SAVED.
What's in conversion that I (personally) dislike? It is the implied belief that Atheists HAVE to be saved, that Atheists need saving. I look at it as a form of agression towards other people and it does not necessarily lead to a more harmoneous world.
Don't you find it sad that religion has cause so much pain and suffering?  Let us not gloss over the nice things that religion brings to a person's life. Look at the bigger picture...

Yet MDN denies:
You say that I don’t think I appreciate the good things religion has brought to people. You make an assumption. I have respect for religion. In fact, I have such a wide tolerance for all religions that I am willing to mix and match – Cherry Pick if you like – picking up good lessons from ALL religions and not just one. Are you willing to do that? If you did – wouldn’t that make you a more tolerant person? Or in your belief – wouldn’t that be an unforgivable SIN


I've got to go to my class...
  • yllorco
  • yllorco's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • Live every day as if it were your last.
  • Posts: 422
  • Karma: 10
"My dear friends, let us love one another, since love is from God and everyone who loves is a child of God and knows God." (NJB 1 John 4:7).
"Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love." (NRS 1 John 4:8)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: FILIPINO CHRISTIANS CHAT 5 years 9 months ago #9413

Too bad you don't have anything to add on this, instead of just commenting on how I responded. BTW, you did not answer my questions so I take that as your strategy for deflection or avoiding having to answer my direct questions.

Were my questions to difficult to answer or were you afraid of revealing too much of what you REALLY believe?

BBAARRTT


I chose to be silent for a day, because it's not worth-replying.

A street-type of argument without solid evidence is not worth-replying.  Isn't it?  Is this worth replying when:

1. the person doesn't respect the rights of others, but only claims too much of his rights?
Yllorco wrote:
There you go...As much as your belief or the atheist's is to be respected, those who believe that you need salvation need to be respected, too.  Or else, they will think that your criticism of their belief is a form of aggression, as well, which, in their world, is discordant and inharmonious, especially if you are in a minority group, such as atheists in the USA.
MDN wrote:
Excuse me sir. Those who think I need salvation are trespassing into my private space. If they persist in trying to convert me, I would seriously take that as a form of aggression.  Aggression starts when someone initiates an unsolicited advance or act on another person.  Inatake mo na – Umangal yung Inatake. Yung inatake pa ang intolerant?  Where’s the logic in that?

2. he sees only a fraction of the whole picture?
MDN :
Don't you find it ridiculous to hear about Orthdox monks brawling in Jerusalem? Don't you find it sad that Muslims and Christian are killing each other? Don't you find it sad that the Muslims and Jews will never find peace?

Don't you find it sad that religion has cause so much pain and suffering?  Let us not gloss over the nice things that religion brings to a person's life. Look at the bigger picture...

Yllorco challenges MDN's bigger picture:
I wonder how big your picture is that you want me to see...  Show me some solid evidence that religion causes more than 50% of the world's problem, that more than 50% it is the cause of much pain and suffering, and that more than 50% of Muslims and Christians are killing each other.  Show... me... your... big... picture!!!

Still MDN insists to show his narrow-minded view and fallacious generalization:
I cannot believe that you cannot see how religion causes conflict. Conflicts arising from Religion differences have been happening for millennia.  When I grew up, we were forbidden from going to the house of a neighbor who was Protestant. We went anyway because we wanted to watch TV. If you go to the Middle East, you will find that Muslims and Jews hate each other. Jews would not dream of going to Indonesia for a vacation.

Of course, I can see some instances... It's needless for MDN to claim that I can't.  MDN ought to learn how to generalize.

MDN seems to refuse to understand "more than 50%", not even close to 95% enough to generalize with 5% margin of error.  He simply cannot support his claims, but generalize out of contingent evidence, which makes a fallacy when forced to generalize.

3. the person doesn't know the practice of not lying, but only knows the spelling of "lying" and clearly exercises it?
MDN wrote:
What I dislike the most is Intolerance of other people's belief.

What I dislike the most is when some people try to convert people into another religion.

What I dislkie the most is when some people think that I need to be SAVED.
What's in conversion that I (personally) dislike? It is the implied belief that Atheists HAVE to be saved, that Atheists need saving. I look at it as a form of agression towards other people and it does not necessarily lead to a more harmoneous world.
Don't you find it sad that religion has cause so much pain and suffering?  Let us not gloss over the nice things that religion brings to a person's life. Look at the bigger picture...

Yet MDN denies:
You say that I don’t think I appreciate the good things religion has brought to people. You make an assumption. I have respect for religion. In fact, I have such a wide tolerance for all religions that I am willing to mix and match – Cherry Pick if you like – picking up good lessons from ALL religions and not just one. Are you willing to do that? If you did – wouldn’t that make you a more tolerant person? Or in your belief – wouldn’t that be an unforgivable SIN


I've got to go to my class...
  • Ms Demi Noor
  • Ms Demi Noor's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • Ms Demi Noor is related to Granny Felon
  • Posts: 1102
  • Thank you received 2
  • Karma: 38
If you record silence on a tape and then play it back with the volume all the way up, will that drown out the noise in the room?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: FILIPINO CHRISTIANS CHAT 5 years 9 months ago #9414

What a ....!

You expect and force me to answer your shallow questions, yet you even don't know how to answer my very simple question:
I wonder how big your picture is that you want me to see...  Show me some solid evidence that religion causes more than 50% of the world's problem, that more than 50% it is the cause of much pain and suffering, and that more than 50% of Muslims and Christians are killing each other.  Show... me... your... big... picture!!!

Do you really want me to shame you here of your being unable to recognize what is evidential or not?  You'd better act your age.
  • yllorco
  • yllorco's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator
  • Live every day as if it were your last.
  • Posts: 422
  • Karma: 10
"My dear friends, let us love one another, since love is from God and everyone who loves is a child of God and knows God." (NJB 1 John 4:7).
"Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love." (NRS 1 John 4:8)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: iSDa, Reign Butterfly, Ongbak, able