Wednesday, 17 September 2014
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: My friend paid a resume editing service, she got the job!

My friend paid a resume editing service, she got the job! 4 years 2 weeks ago #92191

Just here to share in case anybody's interested,nasa jobhunting mode po kasi ako at any valuable resource na makita ko, ise-share ko po

kahapon, my bestfriend just nailed a job and she told me she had her resume revamped by these people www.proofperfect.com.sg

ang sabi raw ng interviewer sa kanya is "your resume and cover letter stood out"

fair or unfair? hehe

Kudos Everyone. Happy Vibes.

Love
Jasmine
  • jasmines
  • Fresh Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:My friend paid a resume editing service, she got the job! 4 years 2 weeks ago #92196

If you cannot write a proper resume and paid someone to polish your resume, that to me looks a bit like fraud. If I was the employer and found out about this, I probably would reconsider hiring that person.
  • Ms Demi Noor
  • Ms Demi Noor is related to Granny Felon
  • Thank you received 2
If you record silence on a tape and then play it back with the volume all the way up, will that drown out the noise in the room?

Re:My friend paid a resume editing service, she got the job! 4 years 2 weeks ago #92197

While I agree with MDN in principle, I disagree that having a professional assist with resume writing verges on fraudulence or even laziness. There are plenty of people who request the assistance of HR companies for other things and coaching in CV writing is only one of them (note that the OP said the resume was revamped).

One reason is that HR personnel know exactly what other HR managers look for in a resume that an ordinary salaried employee would totally miss if they were to go it alone. Technical people and trades personnel wouldn't have a clue. Also the one thing that irritates me the most about personnel managers is that their rules for resume writing quickly change like the seasons. Today's "hot" resume writing style will be yesterday's untouchables. It's like a race to see who can reject the most well-prepared resumes first. I agree it sounds like stock market insider trading, but I'd get all the help I need.

Now the question is whether the OP is exaggerating the claim that her friend was hired right away because of this assistance. Is this merely a marketing ploy?
  • buddhist punk
  • Free Your Mind
  • Thank you received 2
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
  • Page:
Moderators: Ms Demi Noor