Friday, 31 October 2014
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Why English is so Hard to Learn?

Why English is so Hard to Learn? 6 years 6 months ago #55406

I got this from another site. Try to read the sentences aloud and check whether you got the correct pronunciation. The words can sometimes be misleading to pronounce. I tried it already and committed some mistakes. Anyway as the saying goes, "to err is human".... ;)

1) The bandage was wound around the wound.
2) The farm was used to produce produce.
3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
4) We must polish the Polish furniture.
5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
8 ) I did not object to the object.
9) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
10) They were too close to the door to close it.
11) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
12) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?

• travelboi_pinoy

• Warning: get_object_vars() expects parameter 1 to be object, null given in /home4/siampin/public_html/siampinoy.net/components/com_community/libraries/core.php on line 604
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Why English is so Hard to Learn? 6 years 6 months ago #55407

wala tayong magagawa talagang ganyan ;D
  • ms_a
  • Gold Boarder

Re: Why English is so Hard to Learn? 6 years 6 months ago #55408

Hahaha! 'Good one Travelboi!

I will copy this and have my kids have a go at it. 'Good activity to get them thinking about English and it being a "hard" language to learn.

It really is!
  • HeddaT

Re: Why English is so Hard to Learn? 6 years 6 months ago #55409

maybe you got this from thejobpro.com
  • isharie
  • Senior Boarder

Re: Why English is so Hard to Learn? 6 years 6 months ago #55410

I got this from another site. Try to read the sentences aloud and check whether you got the correct pronunciation. The words can sometimes be misleading to pronounce. I tried it already and committed some mistakes. Anyway as the saying goes, "to err is human".... ;)

1) The bandage was wound around the wound.
2) The farm was used to produce produce.
3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
4) We must polish the Polish furniture.
5) He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
8 ) I did not object to the object.
9) There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
10) They were too close to the door to close it.
11) Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
12) How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?

#9 is tricky at first reading. you are expecting an object right after "...row [of something]..." and then you are hit with "among" ahehehehe!

Loko yun ah...
  • buddhist punk
  • Free Your Mind
  • Thank you received 2
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Re:Why English is so Hard to Learn? 3 years 1 month ago #96633

I think English is not a hard language when compared with French or many other language. These words are spelt the same but mean different things. Most people who learn english find that hardest. It would be interesting in English that a double negative forms a positive. In some other languages such as Russian, a double negative is still a negative. However, there is no language in which a double positive can form a negative.

online school
  • thomaslues
  • Fresh Boarder

Re:Why English is so Hard to Learn? 3 years 1 month ago #96634

if you live in the philippines and you're very observant, listens well, watch well, you can learn english easy. it's all over the places, the movies, the t.v., the cartoon network, even the dog whisper is english.

:)
  • iSDa
  • I am Made in the Philippines. Ң∑ЯΘ ҚА!
Peace YOU! :)

GOOD MANNERS are a matter of common sense and courtesy, so a gentleman or a lady should begin to develop them as soon as you're able.

(♥) ИΘbΘdy Kn©ws C∑Ьµ Like We Do (♥)

Re:Why English is so Hard to Learn? 2 years 1 month ago #97409

When you know the reason why you are learning, the rest becomes so much easier.

For fellow educators in Thailand, here's something to think about as you start another work of purposeful teaching tomorrow morning:

www.heddatan.com/the-x-factor.html

As a teacher wouldn't it be so much easier to know that one trait that could help your learners much more easily get from a to Z in their learning of the English language?
  • Madam H
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received 7

What makes learning English easier? 2 years 1 month ago #97414

Find out what that X Factor truly is!

Read on.

www.heddatan.com/the-x-factor.html
  • Madam H
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received 7
  • Page:

Article Archives

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home4/siampin/public_html/siampinoy.net/modules/mod_archive/helper.php on line 47

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home4/siampin/public_html/siampinoy.net/modules/mod_archive/helper.php on line 47

Popular Posts

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home4/siampin/public_html/siampinoy.net/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home4/siampin/public_html/siampinoy.net/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79

Latest Posts

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home4/siampin/public_html/siampinoy.net/modules/mod_latestnews/helper.php on line 109

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home4/siampin/public_html/siampinoy.net/modules/mod_latestnews/helper.php on line 109

Community Polls

What do you like about our community?

Visitors Counter

mod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_counter
mod_vvisit_counterToday1147
mod_vvisit_counterYesterday1204
mod_vvisit_counterThis week6524
mod_vvisit_counterLast week9269
mod_vvisit_counterThis month40354
mod_vvisit_counterLast month31364
mod_vvisit_counterAll8631814

Online (20 minutes ago): 17
Your IP: 54.161.145.251
Now is: 2014-10-31 20:18