Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: REACH FOR YOUR HIGHEST POTENTIAL

REACH FOR YOUR HIGHEST POTENTIAL 7 years 5 months ago #6963

REACH FOR YOUR HIGHEST POTENTIAL

Why are you here?

Ask any Filipino in a foreign land this question and you will get a whole gamut of answers.

“I am working overseas to help support my family back home.”
“I am saving money so I can marry my boy/girlfriend in the Philippines.”
“I am here so I can send my children to decent schools.”
“I am here so we can build a home that we can call our own.”
“I endure loneliness in a foreign land to be able to save and have our own business when I go back home.”
“I chose to work overseas because better job opportunities are available here.”

But really, why are you here? What is your purpose?

Ask Jhet Torcelino van Ruyven this question and she can readily respond without batting an eye: My purpose is to inspire people to reach their full potentials.

Another “kabayan” made it big in the international scene by following her purpose in life. Jhet is the author of the best selling book entitled The Tale of Juliet. She visited the Philippines during a recent book tour and spoke before jampacked-crowds! People cannot get enough of her that various groups invited her to share her words of inspiration.

During her talks and book signing, Jhet bares her humble beginnings by tracing back her roots in Pader, Batangas. Home is a small nipa hut which housed the 12-member brood. Jhet helped support her family by selling bread, fruits and vegetables from a tender age of seven years old. It is through the kindness of other people and a scholarship program that she was able to pursue college education. These are the same people who believed in her capability. These are her angels in life who nurtured within her the desire to aspire to reach the highest potential.

Looking back, she remembers that she was never complacent in her life. A change in job and lovelorn heart pushed her to take her sights to work in a hospital in Yemen where she met her husband. The couple eventually settled in Canada where Jhet established several businessess. She is a mother of 2 wonderful teenagers, Michelle and Catherine.

Her drive to succeed led to prestigious awards where she was recognized by People Asia Magazine as one of the awardees of the 2005 People of the Year. She also won the Independent Publisher Award in Western Canada and was nominated Business Woman of the Year in Canada in 1996.

Never to rest on her laurels, she attended business and self-improvement seminars. It is in one of these seminars that she met Mark Victor Hansen, who is the author of the phenomenal bestseller Chicken Soup for the Soul.

“You have a book within you,” said Mark Victor Hansen when he met Jhet. “ You need to write a book, there are some people out there who are destined to be impacted by your story” . A personal tragedy set the motion for Jhet to ask herself “What on earth am I really here for? What is my realy purpose in life? What is the legacy I want to leave behind? Hence, The Tale Of Juliet – You Have The Power To Change Your Life is born.
During her Philippine tour, she shared her inspiring tale before managers and employees of Jollibee, Delifrance, Chow King, FedEx, and the high-end retail giant Rustans. She enthralled her audience with her story and various groups invited her, among which were Porter and Miles, iWebmasters, Asia Pacific College, PowerSpeak, and Global Pinoy. She also shared the stage with other speakers during the Enlightened Wealth and Success Seminar and Genuis Creation Seminar by John Calub.
She will be back in the Philippines sometime in July and August right after Holland and Japan. To book Jhet to speak at your organization, to watch a video presentations or to sample the first Chapter of the book free, you can go the website www.thetaleofjuliet.com.

“I know many of my dearest OFW kababayans can relate to where I came from. I used to be in your shoes. I know how it is when you are so far away, lonely and missed to hold and be with your family so much” Your longing is just temporary” says Jhet. Through the book The Tale of Juliet, Jhet hopes to inspire her fellow Filipinos to always stay focused on their purpose in life. Through her story, she wishes to deliver a single message: Be focused and reach your highest potential! You too can live the life you most ardently desire.

www.thetaleofjuliet.com/

email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
  • Master J
  • Spammer
  • Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.
  • Thank you received 2
Learn photography from a PRO check out Photography Workshops Bangkok Thailand. - Jose Tan Photography
Portrait Photographer Bangkok, Thailand
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: REACH FOR YOUR HIGHEST POTENTIAL 7 years 5 months ago #6964

I have visited the website and the story of Juliet is really inspiring. I guess I saw her interview with Korina Sanchez....
  • TARSIERfinallyHOME
  • Enjoy life. This is not a dress rehearsal.

Re: REACH FOR YOUR HIGHEST POTENTIAL 3 years 11 months ago #95306

Bump!

A good way to remind us of our purpose in life!
  • Master J
  • Spammer
  • Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.
  • Thank you received 2
Learn photography from a PRO check out Photography Workshops Bangkok Thailand. - Jose Tan Photography
Portrait Photographer Bangkok, Thailand
  • Page:

Article Archives

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home4/siampin/public_html/siampinoy.net/modules/mod_archive/helper.php on line 47

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home4/siampin/public_html/siampinoy.net/modules/mod_archive/helper.php on line 47

Popular Posts

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home4/siampin/public_html/siampinoy.net/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home4/siampin/public_html/siampinoy.net/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79

Latest Posts

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home4/siampin/public_html/siampinoy.net/modules/mod_latestnews/helper.php on line 109

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home4/siampin/public_html/siampinoy.net/modules/mod_latestnews/helper.php on line 109

Community Polls

What do you like about our community?

Visitors Counter

mod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_counter
mod_vvisit_counterToday49
mod_vvisit_counterYesterday956
mod_vvisit_counterThis week3412
mod_vvisit_counterLast week5914
mod_vvisit_counterThis month16817
mod_vvisit_counterLast month34676
mod_vvisit_counterAll8682160

Online (20 minutes ago): 16
Your IP: 23.22.173.58
Now is: 2014-12-19 01:13