Saturday, 20 December 2014
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Will go to Bangkok, Thailand and stay for a month. Need HELP

Will go to Bangkok, Thailand and stay for a month. Need HELP 3 years 8 months ago #96129

Hi po mga kabayan,

First, if this is a repetitive thread, I apologize... I am just on the verge of panicking. My flight is less than two weeks from now po, and I haven't confirmed my accommodation.

I will be going to Bangkok this April to study at IHBangkok. They have recommended guest houses, condos, and hotels to rent for the whole month.

The cheapest is THB14550, I managed to get a discount, and I am not required to give a deposit fee (wala din kasi ako pang deposit hehe) anyway, It's located at lumpini (near the lumpini tower and lumpini station), and the IH center is located near Sala Daseng station (forgive me if i spelled it wrong) Bang rak, Bangkok.

I was wondering if I could find a place cheaper than this one, I would be having my friend to accompany me. He would be staying with me for a month also.

I have sent emails to numerous hotels, condo's and houses but no one seems to give me a clear idea on how much I would really pay them. It has 10% tax then government tax, and then 8THB per unit of water and 20THB per unit of electricity (do they mean unit as in the line or unit as in the whole room unit?)

Then also I saw Aiyapura residencial and resort. 9,000THB a month, but with deposit. Actually it's a bit okay pa din, to think na maganda ang facilities... Pero I tried to find it in google map and was surprised that i have to walk at least 10 minutes to the bus stop and then the travel would take me about half an hour before I arrive at sala daseng station (they said that the traffic is sometimes unbearable...)

HELP PO... :(

PS
Would you know any BPI withdrawable ATM's that is near silom - lumpini? Lumpini is relatively a safe place right?
  • MyDy
  • Fresh Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Will go to Bangkok, Thailand and stay for a month. Need HELP 3 years 8 months ago #96130

MyDy wrote:
Hi po mga kabayan,

First, if this is a repetitive thread, I apologize... I am just on the verge of panicking. My flight is less than two weeks from now po, and I haven't confirmed my accommodation.

I will be going to Bangkok this April to study at IHBangkok. They have recommended guest houses, condos, and hotels to rent for the whole month.

The cheapest is THB14550, I managed to get a discount, and I am not required to give a deposit fee (wala din kasi ako pang deposit hehe) anyway, It's located at lumpini (near the lumpini tower and lumpini station), and the IH center is located near Sala Daseng station (forgive me if i spelled it wrong) Bang rak, Bangkok.

I was wondering if I could find a place cheaper than this one, I would be having my friend to accompany me. He would be staying with me for a month also.

I have sent emails to numerous hotels, condo's and houses but no one seems to give me a clear idea on how much I would really pay them. It has 10% tax then government tax, and then 8THB per unit of water and 20THB per unit of electricity (do they mean unit as in the line or unit as in the whole room unit?)

Then also I saw Aiyapura residencial and resort. 9,000THB a month, but with deposit. Actually it's a bit okay pa din, to think na maganda ang facilities... Pero I tried to find it in google map and was surprised that i have to walk at least 10 minutes to the bus stop and then the travel would take me about half an hour before I arrive at sala daseng station (they said that the traffic is sometimes unbearable...)

HELP PO... :(

PS
Would you know any BPI withdrawable ATM's that is near silom - lumpini? Lumpini is relatively a safe place right?

Welcome to Siam Pinoy.

I think you already have a good deal with that. If you want a cheaper accommodation, you will have to get farther away from the city which I believe will be a hassle for you. Or another option is for you to find a condo somewhere near any BTS (Skytrain Station).
  • Master J
  • Spammer
  • Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.
  • Thank you received 2
Learn photography from a PRO check out Photography Workshops Bangkok Thailand. - Jose Tan Photography
Portrait Photographer Bangkok, Thailand

Re:Will go to Bangkok, Thailand and stay for a month. Need HELP 3 years 8 months ago #96132

Hi there,

I suggest Supalai Mansion in Asoke Street. You can use the underground train if you plan to go around the city which is very convenient especially when the traffic gets mad as hell. Thailand is a safe place let alone very interesting. Walking along the streets will give you an idea of how the locals and some foreigners/tourists get there way in/out the chaotic streets of Bangkok. A month's stay in Thaialand will also give you a chance to explore the provinces. You can go to tourists laden areas or try where the locals carry on with their daily lives.
Enjoy your stay.Cheers!
  • nadine
  • Fresh Boarder

Re:Will go to Bangkok, Thailand and stay for a month. Need HELP 3 years 8 months ago #96139

Thank you Master J and Thank you too, nadine, I would be searching for Supalai mansion after this! I have another question, excluding the accommodation and airfare, how much would I need to be able to survive with my friend for one whole month? (if the touring would be done on weekends only)

Thank you again! :)
  • MyDy
  • Fresh Boarder

Re:Will go to Bangkok, Thailand and stay for a month. Need HELP 3 years 8 months ago #96162

Ma'm, I have a BPI account and brought my ATM card here to Thailand. You cannot withdraw money from your BPI account in Thailand. Despite assurances from my Philippine bank that I can indeed withdraw money through several "sister" banks in Thailand that they listed for me, it's a not go. When I went home for vacation, I told complained about it to the manager; they inspected my ATM, nothing was wrong, and they could do nothing about it.

You can probably take a chance with Citibank, Bangkok that's on or near Silom road if you want to. Best way to manage your account at home is via online banking.

If anyone has more accurate information than mine, I'm all ears and very interested in how to solve this difficulty.
  • buddhist punk
  • Free Your Mind
  • Thank you received 2
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Re:Will go to Bangkok, Thailand and stay for a month. Need HELP 3 years 8 months ago #96163

What about along the other end of the BTS like Wong Wian Yai that crosses the river.

Sala Daeng Station is just 4 or 5 BTS stations away from Wong Wian Yai; and surely rents are much lower. I remember a semi-furnished flat for 5k THB per month only; and, from Wong Wian Yai to Sala Daeng, the BTS fare is just around 30 THB. What do you say, MyDy? Try searching thru the net about this.

Or, if I'll have time, I'll try to scout for a flat for you. Let me be informed of the details in case.

(Wow, todo SP service na yata ito...!!! :woohoo:)

I wonder if I deserve a medal of sort...hehehe :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Tracy-Diaz
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received 1

Re:Will go to Bangkok, Thailand and stay for a month. Need HELP 3 years 8 months ago #96173

@ Tracy yes todo na ito hehe thank you! I am still looking for possible places to stay in, I gave up on the first choice, I am so confused with the information that they gave me. Tracy baka meron talaga malapit sa silom bang rak area? hehe (talagang pinipilit haha!)

@ Bhuddist punk, what did you mean by trying Citibank? I could try withdrawing from Citibank Bangkok? or I should have a Citibank account? Oh my this worries me, if I can't withdraw from my BPI account then that means I might run out of cash even before my stay in Thailand ends! :ohmy:

Oh by the way, electricity and water per unit (what exactly do they mean by unit? unit as in the room itself or unit as in a line for measurment?)
  • MyDy
  • Fresh Boarder

Re:Will go to Bangkok, Thailand and stay for a month. Need HELP 3 years 8 months ago #96186

Hello MyDy,

1 unit of water = 1 cubic meter
1 unit of electricity = 1 Kilo Watt-hour

depende sa consumption mo, multiply mo lang sa rate ng condo/apartment.
pero madaming condo/apartment na mas mataas ang rate compared sa water/electricity company para may additional income sila.
  • eugenelucas
  • Senior Boarder
Fairview Flights and Tours
"Like" us on facebook to receive regular updates of airline promo fares and tour packages.

Re:Will go to Bangkok, Thailand and stay for a month. Need HELP 3 years 8 months ago #96191

thanks eugene!

Btw, would anyone know a nice, secure cheap place near sathon or sala daeng station to stay for a month? I searched one, cheap siya kaso they require a deposit. Though bago umalis ng Bangkok I would get the money back naman... The only catch is that nagtitipid na nga ako, lalo pa ako magtitipid cause of the deposit fee (as in half the price ng previous choice ko if walang deposit, internet is not free though)

Mga kabayan, paano pala mag transfer to Bangkok Bank? I asked sa BPI they said telegraphic transfer that would cost me about $29 minimum if I am going to shoulder all the transaction fee's...

And can you confirm the prices of these things?

THB100 - ok meal good for two
THB200 - good meal for two
THB300 - resto meal for two
THB20 - 2 stations BTS
THB55 - starbucks
THB195 - BigMac
THB35 - taxi flat rate
THB5.5 - taxi add on per kilometer
THB400 - airport taxi from suvar... (sorry I forgot how to spell it) to silom
THB350 - nice set of clothes
THB40 - marlboro
THB? - insects hehe
THB2000 - water and electricity kung ang bill ko dito sa pinas is usually 2,800 a month? walang tv just a small fridge, ac, elec stove and computer...

excited na ako hehe :woohoo:

OH! and $1 = THB29.9 and THB1 = PHP1.4? would it be better to exchange USD to THB (or USD to PHP to THB) in the Phil or would it be better to exchange the money there? I'm really bad at math... and do money changers there accept a bill that has a small tear, about a millimeter long?
  • MyDy
  • Fresh Boarder

Re:Will go to Bangkok, Thailand and stay for a month. Need HELP 3 years 8 months ago #96192

MyDy wrote:
@ Tracy yes todo na ito hehe thank you! I am still looking for possible places to stay in, I gave up on the first choice, I am so confused with the information that they gave me. Tracy baka meron talaga malapit sa silom bang rak area? hehe (talagang pinipilit haha!)

@ Bhuddist punk, what did you mean by trying Citibank? I could try withdrawing from Citibank Bangkok? or I should have a Citibank account? Oh my this worries me, if I can't withdraw from my BPI account then that means I might run out of cash even before my stay in Thailand ends! :ohmy:

Oh by the way, electricity and water per unit (what exactly do they mean by unit? unit as in the room itself or unit as in a line for measurment?)

Hi there, MyDy...I was just called in for some emergency work this week, but, TODAY after work, I would see the apartment I mentioned here. It would be convenient for you as I suggested, promise...

Do not stop searching from your side though, coz it seems that you are panicking and your requirements are overflowing. Rents near Sala Daeng are really expensive especially if you are looking for a modest accommodation. My two cents worth, this is.

I will give feedback here the soonest as it becomes available...Good luck!

(Pati SP yata nahawa na sa excitement mo, MyDy...hehehe :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: )
  • Tracy-Diaz
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received 1
Moderators: iSDa, Reign Butterfly, Ongbak, able

Article Archives

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home4/siampin/public_html/siampinoy.net/modules/mod_archive/helper.php on line 47

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home4/siampin/public_html/siampinoy.net/modules/mod_archive/helper.php on line 47

Popular Posts

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home4/siampin/public_html/siampinoy.net/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home4/siampin/public_html/siampinoy.net/modules/mod_mostread/helper.php on line 79

Latest Posts

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home4/siampin/public_html/siampinoy.net/modules/mod_latestnews/helper.php on line 109

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home4/siampin/public_html/siampinoy.net/modules/mod_latestnews/helper.php on line 109

Community Polls

What do you like about our community?

Visitors Counter

mod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_countermod_vvisit_counter
mod_vvisit_counterToday444
mod_vvisit_counterYesterday1018
mod_vvisit_counterThis week4825
mod_vvisit_counterLast week5914
mod_vvisit_counterThis month18230
mod_vvisit_counterLast month34676
mod_vvisit_counterAll8683573

Online (20 minutes ago): 9
Your IP: 54.227.34.0
Now is: 2014-12-20 09:52