Wednesday, 17 September 2014
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Alone and winding road (this is actually a trip, hehheh)

Alone and winding road (this is actually a trip, hehheh) 3 years 6 months ago #95728

Hi Guys,

How are you there? Hope everything’s alright. I hope you wouldn’t mind as this is quite long but I would really appreciate your time.

My name is VJ and I joined this community because I’ll be visiting Thailand on the 4th week of March (thurs-Sun). I also wanted to gain friends and know fellow Filipinos within the vicinity. You know I have this yearning to be in foreign service (consular/DFA thingy) however I didn’t make it on the first try last year .

Anyways, this is my first trip outside the country and I’m really excited. I’m a budget traveler and I’m not the type who would splurge instantly (kuripot).
I look forward to this adventure and I’m doing my best to plan stuff.

I picked Thailand because of it’s rich-historical background, it’s cheaper, it’s close to us and I’m really interested in the country.

Kayo why did you chose Thailand?

Probably it’s fate when I learned of the 50% cut-off flight offer of CebPac early this year. Instantly I booked and now I’m preparing for the tour.

I just applied for my passport and I believe I can have it on March 9. I have my IT also and I would need your opinion. I wanted to explore Ayutthaya, Pattaya and Bangkok.

I think I have read quite good info about these places but I would still need inputs from fellow Pinoys who had been there. I have checked PEX as well.

I also wanted to know if someone would like to join me/available by that time. It would be interesting.

If you had been to these places, please give tips (getting there, accommodation, security, tour, prices) and your stories. If you have blogged the place, I would really check on that.

I’ll just wait here. Thanks!
  • VJ LoGo
  • Fresh Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Alone and winding road (this is actually a trip, hehheh) 3 years 6 months ago #95734

@VJ Logo
magparamdam ka lang pag nandito ka na sa Bangkok, mahirap mag-commit ngayon kasi medyo matagal pa ang one and half month heheheh. maybe some SPiers can meet you during weekend.

happy trip!!
  • Reign Butterfly
  • Our memories are our most priceless possessions.

Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
~~~>Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re:Alone and winding road (this is actually a trip, hehheh) 3 years 6 months ago #95735

Reign Butterfly wrote:

@VJ Logo
magparamdam ka lang pag nandito ka na sa Bangkok, mahirap mag-commit ngayon kasi medyo matagal pa ang one and half month heheheh. maybe some SPiers can meet you during weekend.

happy trip!!

Hi Reign, thanks for the response.. layo pa nga no? hehhehhe.. regards!
I was thinking of budget kasi last night :laugh:
  • VJ LoGo
  • Fresh Boarder

Re:Alone and winding road (this is actually a trip, hehheh) 3 years 6 months ago #95746

VJ LoGo wrote:
Hi Guys,

How are you there? Hope everything’s alright. I hope you wouldn’t mind as this is quite long but I would really appreciate your time.

No problem at all. B)
My name is VJ and I joined this community because I’ll be visiting Thailand on the 4th week of March (thurs-Sun). I also wanted to gain friends and know fellow Filipinos within the vicinity. You know I have this yearning to be in foreign service (consular/DFA thingy) however I didn’t make it on the first try last year .

Please let us know when you are here. We might be able to setup a sort of a meetup.

Anyways, this is my first trip outside the country and I’m really excited. I’m a budget traveler and I’m not the type who would splurge instantly (kuripot).
I look forward to this adventure and I’m doing my best to plan stuff.

Understandable and I hope you were able to get some useful info here. Just search the thread and I am sure marami kang makukuhang tips.
I picked Thailand because of it’s rich-historical background, it’s cheaper, it’s close to us and I’m really interested in the country.

Agree!
Kayo why did you chose Thailand?

Almost the same as above plus may sinundan dito ha ha ha
Probably it’s fate when I learned of the 50% cut-off flight offer of CebPac early this year. Instantly I booked and now I’m preparing for the tour.

Good for you to grab that opportunity.

I just applied for my passport and I believe I can have it on March 9. I have my IT also and I would need your opinion. I wanted to explore Ayutthaya, Pattaya and Bangkok.

I think I have read quite good info about these places but I would still need inputs from fellow Pinoys who had been there. I have checked PEX as well.

Ayutthaya you can take by train. Less than 50 baht I believe. Once there you can hire a tuk-tuk (parang tricycle sa atin) @ 400 baht. Marami ka nang mararating na interesting spots nun.

Pattaya, it's a beach city. Tulog sa umaga buhay sa gabi. Naku sorry dami ko nang nababasa na mga di kaaya-ayang nangyayari doon. Search mo nalang sa Goolge Pattaya One News to find out yourself.

Bangkok? Andito lang kami. Ano ba hilig mo food, nightout, sayawan, kape, shows :)
I also wanted to know if someone would like to join me/available by that time. It would be interesting.

As what Ms RB said, malayo pa ang sched mo. Hirap magcommit for now. ;)

If you had been to these places, please give tips (getting there, accommodation, security, tour, prices) and your stories. If you have blogged the place, I would really check on that.

I’ll just wait here. Thanks!

You are welcome
  • Master J
  • Spammer
  • Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.
  • Thank you received 2
Learn photography from a PRO check out Photography Workshops Bangkok Thailand. - Jose Tan Photography
Portrait Photographer Bangkok, Thailand

Re:Alone and winding road (this is actually a trip, hehheh) 3 years 6 months ago #95749

Master J, thanks sa reply.
Am going to check on that Pattaya stuff.
At Bangkok I look forward to visiting the grand palace (which I think, lahat kayo nkapunta na), other landmarks and sana maka nuod ng Muay Thai.

I'll update you too.

:side:
  • VJ LoGo
  • Fresh Boarder

Re:Alone and winding road (this is actually a trip, hehheh) 3 years 6 months ago #95750

I just checked Pattaya One (news).. puro dead (deaths), no ba yun?
You have a point Master J hehhehehhe..
Di kaya they're just living to their name? kidding

maiba tayo.. sana may masundan din ako dyan :P
Master J: Almost the same as above plus may sinundan dito ha ha ha
  • VJ LoGo
  • Fresh Boarder

Re:Alone and winding road (this is actually a trip, hehheh) 3 years 6 months ago #95753

VJ LoGo wrote:

OT On:

1 of the news regarding the Ford Executive, he is the Ford Safety and Security Manager who happens to work here in our project. Araw-araw nagkikita kami, nagkakasama sa mga meetings. Last Thursday the sad news came, he was found dead in his apartment. We are shocked, and could not believe the sudden passing of him.

BTW, his name is not Michael.

May you Rest In Peace, Mr. Tim.

OT Off:

Enjoy your stay here in Thailand, some places that may interest you:
1) Elephant and Crocodile Farm in Samut Prakhan
2) Floating Market in Ratchburi (medyo malayo pero sulit din naman ang pasyal mo dun)
3) Tiger Zoo in Sri Racha (about 1.5 hours east of Thailand, malapit apartment ko yan)
4) Instead of going to Pattaya, go to Rayong or Koh Samet.
5) Ayuttaya is a good choice
6) Grand Palace, Wat Pho (temple of reclining Buddha)
7) Siam Paragon, meron silang malaking aquarium sa baba
8) Bargain hunting and souvenirs go to Chatuchak Market, every week end lang yan.
9) Computers and other electronic stuff nandun sa panthip plaza, cellphones sa MBK Plaza just opposite the Siam Paragon.
10) Night life, just ring ma man, Master J. B)

:)
  • boroyski

Re:Alone and winding road (this is actually a trip, hehheh) 3 years 6 months ago #95760

boroyski wrote:
VJ LoGo wrote:

OT On:

1 of the news regarding the Ford Executive, he is the Ford Safety and Security Manager who happens to work here in our project. Araw-araw nagkikita kami, nagkakasama sa mga meetings. Last Thursday the sad news came, he was found dead in his apartment. We are shocked, and could not believe the sudden passing of him.

BTW, his name is not Michael.

May you Rest In Peace, Mr. Tim.

>>> Aaaahhh, how sad. am still considering Pattaya. One day lang naman and hopefully, nothing bad would happen.

OT Off:

Enjoy your stay here in Thailand, some places that may interest you:
1) Elephant and Crocodile Farm in Samut Prakhan
2) Floating Market in Ratchburi (medyo malayo pero sulit din naman ang pasyal mo dun)
3) Tiger Zoo in Sri Racha (about 1.5 hours east of Thailand, malapit apartment ko yan)
4) Instead of going to Pattaya, go to Rayong or Koh Samet.
5) Ayuttaya is a good choice
6) Grand Palace, Wat Pho (temple of reclining Buddha)
7) Siam Paragon, meron silang malaking aquarium sa baba
8) Bargain hunting and souvenirs go to Chatuchak Market, every week end lang yan.
9) Computers and other electronic stuff nandun sa panthip plaza, cellphones sa MBK Plaza just opposite the Siam Paragon.
10) Night life, just ring ma man, Master J. B)

:)

>>> Maraming salamat sa input.. I'll try to check this on-line. Mejo hirap din pag budget-concious, hehhehhhe...
  • VJ LoGo
  • Fresh Boarder

Re:Alone and winding road (this is actually a trip, hehheh) 3 years 6 months ago #95819

Wow.. am going to Bing's one of the Top 2011 Destinations - Thailand

What is Bing? it's Microsoft's answer to Google..
and I support it ;) wehehehheheh

Kinda sad that wala ang Pinas dun sa 18 places.

Di bale, the best pa rin ang atin :P

www.bing.com/travel/content/search?q=Top...Thailand&FORM=TRSSPG
  • VJ LoGo
  • Fresh Boarder

I have a question 3 years 6 months ago #95885

I am going to visit Thailand this coming March 27 ( for 5 days vacation). A Thai national is going to send me an invitation letter with a photocopy of her National ID. But I heard last time that the letter of invitation must be authenticated at Phil. Embassy in Thailand. My Thai friend is not particular about it. IS it just ok if the letter to be presented is not authenticated, granting that she's a Thai national?

I need your opinions. Thank you so much.
  • werty1330
  • Fresh Boarder
Moderators: iSDa, Reign Butterfly, Ongbak, able