Sunday, 31 August 2014
Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Thinking of Visiting Thailand

Thinking of Visiting Thailand 4 years 1 month ago #90622

Hello Filipino People of Siam!

I am thinking of bringing my wife in Thailand.

Any tips? :)

I have a few questions though.

1. First is, is it safe now to travel in Thailand?
2. Any suggestions on saving money while in Thailand?
3. How much is an elephant ride? hehehe

Thank you po mga kabayan!
  • Ziggy
  • Fresh Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Thinking of Visiting Thailand 4 years 1 month ago #90623

Ziggy wrote:
Hello Filipino People of Siam!

I am thinking of bringing my wife in Thailand.

Any tips? :)

I have a few questions though.

Thank you po mga kabayan!

Welcome to SPC Mr. Ziggy!

I presume your thought of bringing your wife here in Thailand is for pleasure trip. Right?

Below are my brief answers to your questions

Opo, it is safe now to come here.

Is it same as how to save money or minimize the expenditures while enjoying your visit here?

2.a Stay in a guesthouse instead of a hotel. There are guesthouses whose rates are reasonably cheap but safe and clean.

2.b Enjoy eating thai foods. Eating in fast food centers or Thai restaurants are much cheaper than eating in franchised foreign fast foods or exclusive restaurants.

2.c Plan your itineraries. There are many means of transportation here. It is cheaper and faster if you can take the BTS or MRT when going to some of the destinations. So check which among the places you want to visit are accessible through these two mode of transportation.

The last time I inquired on this in Ayutthaya, I think it cost about 200-300 baht per 15 minutes. Di ko po alam sa iba.

Lastly, there are many threads in this forum about visiting Thailand. I suggest paki-browse na lang po so you will gain more information.

Enjoy! :)
  • softrock
  • Expert Boarder

Re:Thinking of Visiting Thailand 4 years 1 month ago #90626

Salamat po! Thank you very much for the very warm welcome. I browsed a while ago but all I saw were classifieds.

I have a foodblog so I am very particular on Food. And I assure you I will never eat mcdonalds in Thailand. I cook thai food from time to time so this will be interesting. But what I'm most interested is how Filipinos in Thailand cook their Filipino food.

I am planning pa lang. Thinking of my options for a sidetrip to Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia before hitting home sa Pilipinas.

I love this community website because it makes so much sense compared to other Filipino community sites na mukhang classified ads na. Cheers!
  • Ziggy
  • Fresh Boarder

Re:Thinking of Visiting Thailand 4 years 1 month ago #90629

Softie is correct, Ziggy...

Read our site. There are lots of things for the info you need...

Good luck to your planning!
  • Tracy-Diaz
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received 1

Re:Thinking of Visiting Thailand 4 years 1 month ago #90631

It would be also useful for you to read our tips and suggestions on "Visiting Thailand". Here's the link, but in case you get lost, you can also find it on our home page.

www.siampinoy.net/component/content/arti...siting-thailand.html

Most Pinoys in Thailand, especially those who live alone or those without big families, most often choose to just eat out. Noodle shops, for instance are in abundance, just about in every corner of Thailand, most especially in major cities. And with an average of 30baht (35-40 pesos) a meal, you won't want to spend your time and energy cooking Pinoy food anymore, especially if you're here for a holiday.

Though, Mabuhay Restaurant in Pratunam Soi 19 has great Pinoy food, just in case you just have to have at least one meal of Pinoy cuisine.
  • Madam H
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received 7

Re:Thinking of Visiting Thailand 4 years 1 month ago #90632

Speaking of Mabuhay Restaurant, Madame...

I hope they can come up with "tingi-tingi" portion of the viands...Just like catering for a fast-food addict not the "per order" kind of thing. (Andami kasi masyado at hindi competitive)

I am just dreaming of a scenario when I will be having my dinner everyday in Filipino style. Gracious! Applaud! (borrowed interjection...he he he).
  • Tracy-Diaz
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received 1

Re:Thinking of Visiting Thailand 4 years 1 month ago #90634

Depending on how many days you plan to stay here, you might want to visit Pattaya city if you wish to cover many things Thai, but is short on time. There you can see what Thailand's night life is like by visiting Pattaya's Walking Street. You can also have your elephant ride there, and Jomtien beach is nice and it has areas that are not that touristy.

However, if it's ancient Thai architecture and history you are after, then Ayutthaya is the must-visit place, around 2 hours from Bangkok.

Ayutthaya is best visited by renting a van for a day, most times, you pay 1,500-2,000 baht for the van and the driver, and you pay for your own gas, which would probably be another 1,500 - 2,000, depending on how many temples and ruins you wish to visit.

Pattaya on the other hand, can be reached by air-conditioned public bus, and fare i think, is less than 200baht per person, and you can stay in very simple accommodations as low as 500 per night. Within Pattaya city, you can just walk, or take public transport (song thiew, aka the red truck) for only about 20 baht per ride.

Anyway, before i keep rambling on, tell us a bit more detail about what else you want to see and do here, then we'll give you more info.

Great that you find our site useful, and thanks also, Softrock, for responding promptly, to a kababayan's call for info.
  • Madam H
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received 7

Re:Thinking of Visiting Thailand 4 years 1 month ago #90635

Tracy-Diaz wrote:
Speaking of Mabuhay Restaurant, Madame...

I hope they can come up with "tingi-tingi" portion of the viands...Just like catering for a fast-food addict not the "per order" kind of thing. (Andami kasi masyado at hindi competitive)

I am just dreaming of a scenario when I will be having my dinner everyday in Filipino style. Gracious! Applaud! (borrowed interjection...he he he).

Haha. 'Will pass on the message, TD.
  • Madam H
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received 7

Re:Thinking of Visiting Thailand 4 years 1 month ago #90638

Ziggy wrote:
...I love this community website because it makes so much sense compared to other Filipino community sites na mukhang classified ads na. Cheers!

(Ikaw naman, ziggy, sobrang flatterer...Hmmm...)

BTW, could you name the "other" Filipino community sites you'd mentioned thru a PM to me? Just curious.

But then, it is so true that SP is a very unique "meaty" website I suppose...Thanks for noting it down...

(Abay, ka-SPians, tulungan na natin ng husto si Ziggy!!!)
  • Tracy-Diaz
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received 1

Re:Thinking of Visiting Thailand 4 years 1 month ago #90640

Tracy-Diaz wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
...I love this community website because it makes so much sense compared to other Filipino community sites na mukhang classified ads na. Cheers!

(Ikaw naman, ziggy, sobrang flatterer...Hmmm...)

BTW, could you name the "other" Filipino community sites you'd mentioned thru a PM to me? Just curious.

But then, it is so true that SP is a very unique "meaty" website I suppose...Thanks for noting it down...

(Abay, ka-SPians, tulungan na natin ng husto si Ziggy!!!)

OT muna... TD girl, may PM ako sa yo.

Ziggy, just post your questions, and will answer when we are free again later tonight.
  • Madam H
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received 7
Moderators: iSDa, Reign Butterfly, Ongbak, able